Zambia Gott Katie

Image hosting by Photobucket I hope everybody enjoys my site. I will try to update it as often as I can but since internet is limited, it may be hard but stick with me. Thanks everybody!

Monday, October 29, 2007

Happy Independece Day Zambia

So every year volunteers go to another volunteer's site for Zambian Independence Day which is October 24th so we can all go swimming in his lake. For the first few days the weather was great, we swam, drank beer and cliff dived. Well, the very last night it started to down pour and none of us were prepared for the rain. We ran around grabbing all our stuff, putting up our rain flys and soon many of us found out that the rain flys were pretty useless. Some had to move into his house but the problem was that his roof was leaking EVERYWHERE!! The tent that I was in was okay but I had to fix the rain fly in the rain and before I knew it I was covered in red mud and was drenched...I was pretty terrible but that is what we get in Zambia. After the rain fly was up I had to get into my nice dry sleeping bag all wet and covered in mud. At that point I really wished I was at home in a nice warm comfy bed but oh well.

Hope all is well...lots of love!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home