Zambia Gott Katie

Image hosting by Photobucket I hope everybody enjoys my site. I will try to update it as often as I can but since internet is limited, it may be hard but stick with me. Thanks everybody!

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Tough Times

Well I got back to site finally and things have not been as I expected. It was great seeing my friends and hugging my Zambian family but work has been a problem again. When I returned I found out that the nurse at my clinic was transferred, leaving only one trained medical person, my EHT, for a population of around 15,000. The EHT (Environmental Health Technician) is the main person who I am supposed to work with. If we were ever to do out-reach clinics that should happen 3 times a week then nobody is working at the clinic. This causes a problem in itself. It has gotten to the point where I have decided to leave. I am tired to reading books in my hut, and tending to my garden. I did not come to Africa to do those things but rather educate. I am a valuable resource and want to be valued as one. So I am leaving Chikupili and moving to a new community that is 60 km away. This was a VERY hard choice for me since I have the BEST Zambian family. It will be hard to leave but I need to work. It has been a very rough few months but I know the next few will be better.

I am going to Malawi for Easter which will be a great time. I am sorry that I have not been writing letters lately, I promise to get better. (my address will stay the same) Thank you for all the support I have received from all of you so far in my service. See you in a YEAR!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home