Zambia Gott Katie

Image hosting by Photobucket I hope everybody enjoys my site. I will try to update it as often as I can but since internet is limited, it may be hard but stick with me. Thanks everybody!

Monday, January 15, 2007

Still in Lusaka...

Hello everybody,
Well I am still stuck in Lusaka waiting for my medical tests to come back. I got sick in Zanzibar and we still have not figured out what is wrong. They first thought it was Malaria then typhoid and tick born fever but the test results came back negative so we are still trying to solve the puzzle. Just another fun thing about living in Africa. Well, at least I am learning all about African diseases...right. I will keep you all posted. My goal is to be back at site by this Friday...we'll see. I found out yesterday that my new dog, Zoey, died while I was gone. It has not been the best of times but I know it will get better.

7 Comments:

  • At 17/1/07, Blogger Kristi Anderson said…

    Hi Katie,
    I don't know if you remember me, but we worked together at Telelogic before you left on your African adventure (Kristi Anderson). I was cleaning up my personal email account and just came across one with your blog URL and have been reading some of your past posts.

    I'm sorry to hear you are ill! I have to say though, girl, you have the most incredible attitude! You were truly meant to be there doing good things.

    I just had to share how inspired I am after reading your last year's worth of journal entries. You are an amazing person and I'm proud to say that I once worked with you!

    I hope the doctors are able to find out what is causing your illness and you are back in camp soon!

    Hang in there kiddo!

     
  • At 23/1/07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy Birthday my dear Katie. I pray you are soon feeling better and most importantly the medical team can find out what is causing so much pain. Love you tons!
    Mom
    ps--hard to believe you have been gone over a year. See you in 07!

     
  • At 24/1/07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Aww... I'm so sorry you are still not well. It is also sad news that Zoey died. That makes things extra tough, I'm sure. Well all of our thoughts are with you so keep hanging in there and before you know it you'll be home to a fabulous reunion!!!

    Love you! Bailey

     
  • At 26/1/07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Miss Katie!
    The Arlotti clan misses you tons. We're sorry to hear that you've been sick. Possibly the jellyfish sting? That would make me sick! We hope that you are feeling better soon. A box of love will be coming soon!
    Love you,
    The 4 J's

     
  • At 28/1/07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 10/2/07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 15/2/07, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home